By now, we have been up to New Hampshire 4 times, I have a job and a house. I interviewed twice (in Concord and in Dover) in December. I chose the Dover job in January and have felt pretty good about that. I gave Grand Rounds to the Pediatrics Dept in February. I finished my last wards call in late April. And we went up to Dover just a couple of weeks ago and I rented a house. It finally feels like the end of residency is in sight.
In the meantime, Ian learned to crawl, pull to stand, stand on his own and walk with assistance/holding on. He pulled things out of drawers and cabinets for what seems like months, and just about 2 days ago started putting things IN to cabinets and drawers (and boxes and holes and any openings he finds). His first word, which he started saying at about 5 or 6 months, continues to shape up and he now says two syllables for "kitty" ... He makes a gutteral k sound and follows it with something that sounds like a breathy "tee" :) I am still not convinced he means me when he says "mama" but he certainly knows who I am! :) He has realized I have to leave quite often too, and that doesn't make him happy. But he has his Grammy and his friends and that helps.
Speaking of friends, the Campbells came to visit Chris and we got to meet Julia, Beth's daughter. Ian really enjoyed meeting her. She wasn't quite as interested in him. :) Ian also got his hair cut again. And we had dinner with Ian's pediatrician (and my mentor), Dr. Lawless.
No comments:
Post a Comment