After seeing the Amazonian 8-month-old that my niece Julia has become, I rushed back from Christmas in Georgia to see Ian Russell Griffin Barnhart on Christmas night. He was so cute that I played hooky from work on Wednesday to come by after lunch and I got to capture his squeals of delight as he played in his new "ExerSaucer".
I am not around that frequently, but I can say that I haven't seen him fall apart in the same way that he used to. Even more significantly, when he is in a good mood, he is in a REALLY good mood, complete with big smiles, laughing eyes, and high pitched screams that are a cross between a gym whistle and a cat getting it's tail stepped on. He is clearly enjoying the toy that Rick got for him at FAO Schwartz...a fuzzy dinosaur that becomes his very own ball-filled playpen, and it is amazing to see how his dexterity and general awareness has improved. As for me, I am enjoying the iPhoto picture book of Ian and his "village" that they gave me for Christmas, and am waiting for a framed photo of Ian examining Santa's beard.
No comments:
Post a Comment